DON'T GET STUCK WITH DAMAGED GOODS!
December 9th, 2015
Effective immediately, concealed damages must be reported to freight carriers within 5 days of delivery. This change is a result of new National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC) guidelines reducing the time from 15 days and applies to all deliveries.
Instructions to Clubs:
- Do not sign for deliveries until you've examined all contents upon receipt of your shipment. Note any damages on the delivery receipt before the driver leaves. The driver is obligated to wait while you do the inspection.
- If you see damages, you have the right to sign the delivery receipt as damaged (be sure to note the damage in writing) or refuse delivery. Refuse delivery if items are severely damaged.
- If a delivery has visible signs of damage, refuse the delivery and contact PAPC immediately at 1-800-894-0702
- If you sign and the damage is concealed or you sign but mark the delivery receipt as damaged, follow these steps:
- Save the item, container and packaging materials for carrier inspection. Discarding either the packaging or container can result in denial of the freight damage claim. The carrier reserves the right to inspect or waive inspection.
- Notify the carrier with 5 days of delivery or they have the right to deny the claim.
« Back to all news