URGENT RECALL NOTICE
May 9th, 2017
URGENT: PRODUCT RECALL
Pinnacle Foods Inc. is voluntarily recalling all "Best By" dates of Aunt Jemima and Mrs Butterworth frozen pancakes, frozen waffles and french toast slices distributed in the United States and one product into Mexico because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. No illnesses have been reported. The products are being recalled as a precautionary measure given the health and safety of our consumers is our top priority. Pinnacle Foods initiated the recall after testing indicated the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the plant environment where the products are made. We are working in coordination with the FDA on this recall.
Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.
WHAT TO DO
- Review your inventory for any of the above listed products
- If any of the product(s) in question is in inventory, place the product on hold and retain any empty cases/shippers
- Do NOT dispose of product unless specifically instructed by Sysco via formal notice
- A Sysco representative will contact your location to arrange for product replacement and/or credit
- If you have any questions regarding this recall action, contact your Sysco representative immediately
« Back to all specials